Fri, 31 August 2012
This was the RRR Radiothon show, so this is a potted podgekast. It includes Stew and Larry coming up with their own Radiothon themes, all of which were rejected by the station, and the two regular (and regularly disappointing) segments, On This Day and Beyond the News. Everything else in the show was just the names and suburbs of subscribers being read out, the hosts begging for money on the station’s behalf, and old KISS tracks. In spite of the self-evident fact that any or all of those things is probably as or more entertaining than the material presented here, all of that stuff has been omitted, as part of the ceaseless fight of AOTS against entertainment.
CLASSIFICATION WARNING – As this pelotoncast version is shorter than usual, there is less swearing and groin humour than usual. But there is still more than enough to offend all humans, so if you’re liable to be a bit touchy on that stuff, don’t listen.
Wed, 29 August 2012
On this week's Byte:
Presented by Georgia Webster, Warren Davies, and Ben Finney.
Wed, 29 August 2012
Zero G 887: APODCALYPSE RISING
Sat, 25 August 2012
On this week's podcast the doctors explore superfoods, the sleeping patterns of children, and what makes us individuals scientifically.
Fri, 24 August 2012
Our radiothon special this year will feature special guest Jacqui Alexander of Post Magazine joining us in the studio....
CALL IN and subsrcibe to The Architects and RRR during the show, 7pm-8pm Tue 21 August
if you can't sunscribe during the radiothon special, you can do this at anytime during the radiothon period.
thank you for supporting Architecture on the Radio, and the vital part RRR plays in the community
and don't forget next week we are broadcasting from the Venice Biennale!!
Thu, 23 August 2012
Byte Into IT RADIOTHON 2012
For the 2012 Answer The Call Radiothon edition of Byte, we welcome (almost) all our regular contributors into the studio, to relive fond memories of the show from its extended run on RRR's airwaves. Beloved ex-host, Phil Wales also drops by for a special visit!
Subscribe to RRR and support independent tech news and opinion on Byte Into It.
Thu, 23 August 2012
Subscribe to 3RRR as part of Radiothon and win some amazing prizes. And enjoy this gift for free
1. Radio Olympics - Mens Segue
2. Letters From the Front
3. 2 Girls on High Street - Radiothon
4. LC Supermarkets
5. Inspirational Freaks
6. Radio Olympics - Announcer Cliches
7. We Discuss Radiothon
8. Libby Gott Breakdown
9. Radio Olympics - Graveyarders Back Announce
11. The Stew Farrell Phone Call starring Mick James, Nicole Jones, Jacinta Parsons, Simon Winkler, Elizabeth McCarthy, Phil Wales and The Lime Champions
Please Subscribe to the station at www.rrr.org.au
Wed, 22 August 2012
Zero G 886: POD AVENGERS ASSEMBLE
Sun, 19 August 2012
Hey you! Welcome to another exciting installment of Breakfaster Highlights, proudly brought to you by the letters RR and R, and the numbers 102.7.
On this week's podcast we have:
Public Affairs - Tristan Edis tries to explain Electricity and power prices to us
Bobcat Goldthwait - director of Godbless America talks to us about his film & whether or not he uses "that voice" to direct.
Judith Lucy calls in to tell us some good news....and plug RRR.
Nicole Tadpole touches on her own history with RRR & how she got the nickname Tadpole.
If you like these podcasts, then clearly you like RRR, in which case you should Answer The Call and phone 9388 1027 (+61393881027) and subscribe.
We're taking next week off as it's Radiothon, but will be back the following week with more Breakfaster highlights podcast action for you.
Bye for now.
Sat, 18 August 2012
CJ Lim from Studio 8 joins us in the RRR studio
Searle X Waldon, architects of the Ballarat Art Gallery Annexe
· The planning tribunal VCAT has quashed the Victorian government's efforts to stop the $285 million redevelopment of Melbourne's historic Hotel Windsor.
· Robin Boyd Foundation's next Design Masters event is taking place at 6pm on Monday 20th August at the Boyd Walsh Street house, hear John Gollings and Trevor Mein talk about their approaches to architectural photography and show their work. $25 general, $25 members, visit email@example.com for more info and bookings.
· MOMENTUM the book on contemporary Victorian architectural practice has finally been released tonight, in shops now, inc Readings
· SJB Urban Cities Program– Lima, Peru + Guayaquil, Ecuador – talks on both; Thursday 16th August, 6pm for 6.15pm start SJB Urban’s Cities Program is an informal series of urban events celebrating the design, people and culture of cities. ‘Rancho Notorious’ (upstairs gallery, Level 1) 1000 £ Bend, 361 Little Lonsdale Street Evolution’ Rsvp Lisa Matray on 03 9699 6688 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Housing Project at fortyfivedownstairs, 11 - 22 September, opening Tuesday 11 September 2012, 5-7pm, performance of the installation by the artists at 6pm - The Housing Project is a playful and engaging interactive installation about the challenges, experiences, problems, and delights of urban life
· Design Tours with Stephen Crafti – 22-31 May 2013 in Paris & 3 – 12 June in London more infowww.asatours.com.au
· ABC series Dream Build is on Sunday nights at 8.15 pm after Grand Designs for next few weeks, on IVIEW
· Monday 20 August 2012 @ 6pm: The AIA Refuel Victoria Monday night talks, The Inclusive Workplace Dr Karen Morley will outline the ingredients of the inclusive workplace, and how this might be achieved. This will be followed by chaired discussion between Karen and a panel of architects, who will reflect on what these ideas might mean in the context of architectural practice. Place tbc, more info @(03) 8620 3866, email@example.com.