On this week's Byte:
- News in Brief:
- Netflix in Australia has launched! But will it offer enough for
people using VPN services to switch?
- India has struck down a controversial internet censorship law,
after first being challenged in 2012.
- The transport industry is reacting to Uber in NSW, with
complaints that it's anti-competetive.
- News in Depth:
- Keren's returned to us briefly after establishing a life in
Vietnam. She fills us in on the tech scene over there, and the
benefits of working in a tech industry that is in the process of
- Events and Opportunities:
- Freeplay is turning
10 years old this year! It's on April 10 to April 19, but if you
want to get involved, the Freeplay
Fete is looking for stall holders to displaying their creations
- Saturday April 18, 10am-6pm, or you can present at the festival's
Weekend is a global active movement of grassroots
entrepreneurs, and is happenening this weekend, March 27-29. Plenty
of stuff going on!
- Startup Week, run by
Startup Victoria, is on from March 27 -April 2.
Melbourne meet at Plantation Coffee, Shop 253 (Level 2) at
Melbourne Central at 8am every Friday to discuss working for Social
Media and the web.
Presented by Warren Davies, Keren Flavell and Maize Wallin
Keep up with all things Byte on Twitter, Facebook,
and G+ - see
you next week!