On this week's Byte:
- ACO Virtual runs from June 28-July 27
- Brett Harris joins us to talk about
his project, What's My Browser? The studio computer is running
Firefox 30. Not too shabby.
- Apple introduces MAC spoofing in new OS Yosimite, everyone
applauds. Aaron Swartz was hounded to death by the authorities
for doing the same thing.
- EasyCount is a campaign to crowdsource the funds
required to get FOI access to the source code to the Australian
Election Senate ballot counting software.
- Lighter News:
- In Japanese robot news, are creepy android news anchors poised to steal jobs? You
can set your watch it.
- Escaping from your text messages and onto Tumblr is Emoji IRL. The
smiling poo is a sight to behold.
- ACO Virtual runs from June 28 until July 27 at the Yarra Ranges
Regional Museum. The museum is open 7 days a week and the
exhibition is free. Download the ACO Virtual app from
here before you go.
- Glitchmark is running a month-long celebration of Melbourne
game art during August. Keep your eye on the Game Art Melbourne Exhibition page for event
Presented by Warren Davies, Lachlan Simpson, and Dan Salmon.
Keep up with all things Byte on Twitter,
Facebook, and G+ -
see you next week!